Cupping massage is an ancient form of alternative medicine that originated in China. It involves placing special silicone or glass cups over an affected area to create a suction. The suction facilitates blood flow to the muscles and tissues bringing in oxygen and nutrients and softening tightened muscles. I then apply special techniques and strokes to the area being treated.
The Benefits of Cupping Massage Include:
1. Promoting the flow of blood to the muscles and tissues, and removing stagnation
2. Supplying oxygen and nutrients to the cells
3. Softening the tightened muscles
4. Loosening of adhesions and knots
5. Lifting the connecting tissues
6. Opening the blockages of the lymphatic nodes and easing the flow of lymph
7. Releasing and draining of excess fluids and toxins like lactic acid from the tissues and cells
8. Drawing inflammation from the deeper tissues to the surface of the skin so they can heal
9. Stimulating and later, calming the peripheral nervous system
10. Eliminating chronic congestion
Find out if Cupping is right for you. Text me today.